Join us and make a difference in Archuleta County!
We need help with a variety of activities and events.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
Central and Executive Committees – We currently have vacancies on both committees. We are looking for someone to help coordinate our effort to reach out to the Hispanic Community, a Young Democrat (under 25), and precinct co-chair vacancies.
Dems Work – Volunteer Service to the community. We have planned events with the USFS, Audubon, Earth Day, Loaves and Fishes, and Habitat for Humanity. Come out and volunteer your time to help improve our community. We also are responsible for a two-mile section of US 84 south of Pagosa Springs for road cleanup under the Adopt a Highway program. Road cleanups are usually scheduled in Spring and Fall.
Events – We hold several regularly scheduled events and need help planning as well as at the events. These include July 4 parade, July 4 float decoration and design, July 4 Annual Picnic, County Fair Booth, and our annual Chili Supper and Cookoff. In election years we also hold our caucuses and County Assembly/Convention. Note that the COVID pandemic has affected a number of these events, but we hope for them to return in 2021.
Issues – we are in the process of trying to form an issues committee that would work to help the party support and hold accountable our elected officials through development of a position for the county party to take, supporting letter writing campaigns, etc…
Election work to Get Out The Vote
Help us to turn out votes for Democratic Candidates from the top of our ticket on down. You can be in front of voters if you like or behind the scenes, we need all kinds of help
Here are some things we need Volunteers to help with:
Get Out The Vote – Starting in June through the election. This involves helping get out information about candidates to voters, identifying our supporters and them getting them to the polls to vote
- Email Editor – right now we send out every two weeks, as the election approaches it could take up to about 3 hours a week
- Phone banking – Variable (about 2 hours a shift) – evenings and weekends.
- Canvassing – 3 to 4 hour shift on Saturdays
- Lit Drop – 3 – 4 hour shift eves or weekends
- Data Entry/extraction – work from home, as needed
- Planning – we need event coordinators for our major events – July 4 parade float, July 4 picnic, and Chili Supper. We also need a group of people to help those coordinators.
- Set up and/or break down
- Chili Supper specific items
- Kitchen help
- Cooking chili
- Dessert table
Volunteer Coordinator – this will ramp up to about 1 or 2 hours a week through the election.
We also need coordinators to help us maximize our volunteers’ efforts. Now is the time your help can make a big difference. If you can pitch in to help us coordinate volunteers, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com. And don’t hesitate even if you’ve never done it before – we’re all learning as we go, and we’ll be here to help you!
On Election day we will need:
- Poll Watchers – minimum of 2 hours
- Data entry to update phone calling lists as new voter information comes in
- Phone Callers to turn out Dem voters and our known supporters
- Supporters out with signs at Polling locations
- Drivers to get people to the polls & deliver food/water to our poll workers
We need locations to put up signs on major roadways. In particular, we are still looking for locations on East US 160, South US 84, and SR 151. If you know of a site that we could or might be able to use, please reply to this email.
Besides this work we’re doing through the party, talk to your friends and neighbors. Make sure they know that we have a great slate of candidates who deserve their consideration and vote.
If you can help out, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information and we’ll get back to you.